Horseback Riding Lessons
All of Your Equestrian Needs in One Place
The Castle Rock Arabians programs and services are
designed to engage riders and their families with all aspects of
horseback riding and equestrian practice.
Our equestrian services at Castle Rock Arabians are extensive and reasonably priced. If you are interested in horseback riding lessons, finding a birthday party location, or searching for a riding camp, you’ve come to the right place. We offer various equestrian services to meet a wide range of potential needs from our Walnut Creek, CA ranch.
- Private 1 Hour Lesson - $85
- Package of 5 Private One-Hour Lessons - $340
- Tiny Rider Lesson (ages 3 - 6) – 1 Half-Hour Lesson - $50
- Tiny Rider Package (ages 3 -6) – 6 Half-Hour Lessons - $200
We also provide horse training for new and experienced horse owners alike. Please contact us to inquire about pricing and availability.
An "Apprentice" is one who desires to further their horse mastership skills. The purpose of the Apprentice program at Castle Rock Arabians (CRA) is to promote excellence in horsemanship and horse mastership. This is an opportunity for the Apprentice to further their competency around horses.
- Horse mastership is the art of horse management.
- Horsemanship is the art of riding.
- Horseman is the individual that is proficient in
the art of horsemanship and horse mastership.
Apprenticeship Program Goals
- Impart riders with expertise in the care and management of the horse.
- Foster an environment conducive to learning.
- Encourage participation in all aspects of horse mastership.
- Establish a foundation of riding skills. The balanced seat.
- Foster development of the foundation for riding to develop skills.
- Participate in management and riding to develop skills.
- Build and strengthen knowledge of tack, equipment, grooming and handling, bridling and saddling.
- Build and strengthen knowledge of basic veterinary care and medications.
- Understand feeds and feeding principles.
- Gain knowledge of breeds, conformation, coloring, and markings.
- Shadow lessons to continue learning until ready to conduct lessons on own.
- Maintain a safe, clean working environment for learning.
- Engage in mentorship by Head Instructor and Cadets for the Apprentices.
opportunities in horse shows, drill teams, veterinary clinics and more.*
How the Apprenticeship Program Works
- Group and private riding lessons
are provided that are targeted to the skill level of each rider.
- Mentoring of riders through "buddy system" that ensures friendly, social competition and partnership.
- Provides active participation in ground and riding activities.
- Training and preparation for equestrian activities, including English and Western riding shows.